Sunday, May 10, 2009


It's been a tough couple of weeks, friends. Graham makes it better: he's so funny and smart. Did you know he can recite along with us as we read his favorite books? And he sings now- something I've been waiting for; nothing is sweeter. There's this one kid's song he loves- called "I'm Not Perfect."  It goes like this:

We're not perfect
No we're not
But we've got what we've got
We do our very best each day

It's schmaltzy, sure, but the message is a good one, right? I'm not sure it had the right effect, however. Graham now will walk up, point to one of us and say, "You're not perfect." We'll agree, that's true. Then he continues,  "But I am perfect." So much for that. 

----

We send our love to all the moms (and mom stand-ins) we know today. May you be celebrated and loved this and every minute.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Mothers Day!
Love,
Kate A Skidd

Be Like the Squirrel, Girl said...

Oh, I love this. Happy Mothers' Day!