Thursday, June 18, 2009

Holy Big Boy, Batman


I know, I know. We're now the MonthlyGraham. I submit this picture heavy post to satiate our readers.

Our lives seem to get busier and busier, and I almost (almost) miss the quiet days of Graham's younger life. Now, we are up and OUT early in the morning. In fact, requests to go OUTSIDE begin well before it's possible to do so without irritating the neighbors. This suits me ok on sunny days, but this crazy wet spring we've had here is, uh, challenging my sanity. 

A few awesome things have happened this month; first, a new park opened up just a block away from our house. We are very, truly, eternally grateful to the families who agitated for this change. The park is now Graham's main territory, and he struts around the place introducing himself to parents and kids. The city threw a big party to introduce the site, and the mayor came (election year, anyone?). Graham was not at all intimidated, and chatted up all the officials. It was the first of a series of events that have made me realize that he is no longer reserved- he is, in fact, hell bent on social interaction. Here we are with Mr. Menino. 


 Graham's new demands for what he wears every day are another new hurdle. Jen took him to a party last night, and he was wearing green striped shorts, crocs, a t-shirt, a sweatshirt, a yellow construction man vest, and the ever-present GD Red Sox hat. No substitutions, thank you, because workers and garbage collectors wear hats and vests and sweatshirts. I've included a picture of a typical day's outfit here. Thank goodness it's been a cool spring. I have to imagine that some of this will need to go when it's 90 degrees. And yes, that's a Swiffer, which he also takes with him on walks from time to time. 



3 comments:

Jenny said...

I can totally relate. Sometimes I want to take my vacuum cleaner with me on walks. I like it that much.

Anonymous said...

A swiffer? Does he know how to accessorize or what?

Anonymous said...

You know what Aimee would say...

"Swiffer: rhymes with swindle."

Dot