I'm writing tonight to provide a little background to the big adventure our family is undertaking, beginning tomorrow. Graham, Jen, and I are flying to France to spend two weeks with Jen's grandfather, her aunts and uncles, her legions of cousins. I've met these very friendly, gracious, and funny people a few times before, but this will be the first time we've flown with Graham across the Atlantic. At first I just felt proud- not every two year old has a passport or French relatives. Now, I feel overwhelmed- from tomorrow night to the next day we will be spending something like 15 hours on planes, then waiting, and then on a train. This is a long time in Graham's world- it's a long time in mine, too. To add to this chaos, I have a pronounced, late developing anxiety about flying. I just have no idea how it will all pan out. The last time we traveled I was better, but he was a baby then, needing me in a very different way than he does now.
All nerves aside, I can't wait to take pictures of my boy doing all the things Jen remembers so fondly from her own childhood- hopefully, he will quickly develop a taste for triple creme cheese; he already does fine with pastry dough.
So, for now, au revoir. We'll have a lot to tell you when we return in two weeks.
2 comments:
Big, loooong phone conversation upon your return. OK? So take detailed notes while you are in France.
xo
Wow, what an adventure. My hat is off to you. Good luck with the traveling and waiting. Penny can't bear to sit in a restaurant longer than 30 minutes, so I want to learn some tips and tricks!
Post a Comment