Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Happy 6 months, Graham





It's such a thrill to have this little guy in our lives. We love to sing to him...I do a lot of Gershwin (complete with goofy dance moves). Anyway, we're feeling so chipper around here today, I thought I'd share the lyrics to one of the songs that best captures the Graham mood, as I'll call it, because, really, look at what I've got.

Lucky me. Lucky us.



Days can be sunny,
With never a sigh ;
Don't need what money can buy.
Birds in the tree sing
Their dayful of song,
Why shouldn't we sing along ?
I'm chipper all the day,
Happy with my lot.
How do I get that way ?
Look at what I've got :

I got rhythm
I got music
I got my man
Who could ask for anything more ?
I got daisies
In green pastures,
I got my man
Who could ask for anything more ?

Ol'Man Trouble,
I don't mind him.
You won't find him
'Round my door.
I got starlight,
I got sweet dreams,
I got my man,
Who could ask for anything more ?
Who could ask for anything more ?

5 comments:

Kerry said...

You guys rock. Happy 6 months to the G dawg who is looking very dapper in that photo.

Ryan said...

Remember when you used to write dark poetry in high school?

This is very different.

Unknown said...

Different indeed.

But AWESOME!

b

Anonymous said...

Two comments:

1. How in the HELL did you get so old so very quickly? My god, you're only thirty years old!! Has Grandma Betty possesed your body! Or was Mr. Jole more of an influence than I thought?

2. And now you know why she is GAY! Sorry, not meant to offend anyone!

w. wilson said...

Don't worry, the dark bad poetry still lurks just beneath the surface (insert metaphor about shadows, etc.)

And, Dad, Gershwin can only make you gay if you're a boy. And don't you remember how I always loved to watch old movie musicals? I was born outta my time, I swear.