The Last Days of the Pacifier, Part 1
Many of you know that Jen and I hate the pacificer (or, that infernal bippy, as I call it). We should have trashed it months ago, but lethargy and inertia being what it is, we now have an 18month old who loves that thing like nothing else.
This morning, I snipped the end of the nipple from the bippy, thinking that I was brilliantly taking the mojo out of it. This technique worked for a couple of hours, after which Graham literally shrugged his shoulders and started carrying it around in his mouth, despite the fact that he could not suck. I snipped it again, leaving Graham with a bippy that falls out of his mouth, because there's not enough plastic to grip with his teeth. He still tries, repeatedly, to keep it where it belongs.
I cannot say where this epic battle of wills will go from here, but I promise to update as needed. We will triumph verus that infernal mouthpiece, gentle readers. Oh yes, we will.
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Gee, cut the poor guy some slack. He's just had stitches for cryin' out loud.
Granddad Martin
Oh...uh-oh. I may need some input on this because Penny already loves her binky. I'm TRYING to use it "responsibly." Like guns and alcohol...
We had the binky fairy come visit Cullen -- took all the binkies and left some new books. This was around 2 -- we had him down to having it only in the crib. For reasons I'm not totally sure of, it worked.....
Post a Comment