Well, pirates. Thanks to his cousins and the introduction of The Backyardigans into our lives this summer, he's discovered swarthiness early, dear readers. So, mamas gamely provided the little swashbuckler with a few pirate toys and he has not shut about them since then. He even likes to have a pirate share his dinner (one bite for the pirate, one bite for G, etc.). I definitely now get how phases work: one idea lodges in brain; all single-minded hell breaks lose.
Also, seriously, G is in love with his daycare. Yesterday, he demanded to stay there for a half hour after Jen arrived to pick him up, because he was having too much fun to go home.
Also, Graham has started referring to himself as "Baby." As in, "What's your name?" Answer: "Baby" (pronounced with an enthusiastic emphasis on the first syllable: BAY-bee). Jen and I like to joke that he'll be 45, in a job interview, saying, " Hi, I'm Graham, but you can call me Baby."
3 comments:
the pirate thing, once it starts, may never end..... my boyfriend is 34 and this past christmas he was thrilled too receive two books about seafaring, and he's been known to have a little rum from a flask while wearing an eye patch. as far as i know, no flask for eye patch has made its way into a job interview--Yet.
~syben
(i think i meant "too thrilled to receive." note to self: no posting before coffee has been drunk.)
Gee, if he'll share his food with a pirate friend, I'd like to be a pirate next time we come down to visit. Not that I'm a big eater or anything.
Granddad Martin
Post a Comment